Brown Rice Salad
Author: The Urban Pioneer Woman
True to form, this recipe has a lot of leeway. Add whatever veggies sound good, try out some different spices in the dressing. Enjoy what is in season! We eat rice for lunch almost every day, so this is a great way to spice up our leftovers.
- 4+ cups cooked brown rice, cooled
- ½ small onion, chopped real fine
- a few cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 cups chopped veggies of your choice - broccoli, peppers, kale, radishes, whatever you have
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- for the dressing:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp salt* (*unless your curry powder is a mix that already contains salt)
- ½ - 1 Tbs curry powder
- Wisk together dressing, then add all other ingredients and give a good stir.
- Can be eaten immediately, tho holds together well in the fridge for a couple days, allowing flavors to marinate a bit.
csa :: week three