Greens, greens, and more greens!
This week had us eating good again, we enjoyed swiss chard mixed in with our pasta, a few lettuce salads, a brown rice and purple kale salad (recipe to come) and simple food such as the recipe below.
Sautéed Greens with Potato Sausage Hash
Author: The Urban Pioneer Woman
A simple way to get a little more green in your life.
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large potatoes, cubed
- 2 sausages, sliced
- 1 large bunch of greens (collard, kale, swiss chard, etc.) washed and chopped, tough stems removed
- 8 eggs, fried
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Toss potatoes and sausage with 2 T olive oil, sprinkle with salt, and roast in oven for 30 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- Saute greens in remaining 2 T olive oil until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Fry eggs how you like 'em.
- Layer greens and potato and sausage mixture on 4 plates, top with 2 fried eggs. Serve with hot sauce or ketchup.
csa :: week two